How to be miserable

Found this when going through one of my many drawers of stuff I haven't cleaned out yet. I feel that God has put this on my heart to share as I recover slowly (of course if you know me, you know I will push my recovery as fast as possible).

What a great thing to remember as we go through this life on the narrow path. Thank you Lord for your wonderous blessings, as the song says, "I can only imagine".

How to be miserable -

Think about yourself. 
Talk about yourself. 
Use "I" as often as possible. 
Mirror yourself continually in the opinion of others.
Listen greedily to what people say about you. 
Expect to be appreciated. 
Be suspicious.
Be jealous and envious. 
Be sensitive to slights. 
Never forgive a criticism. 
Trust nobody but yourself. 
Insist on consideration and respect. 
Demand agreement with your own views on everything. 
Sulk if people are not grateful to you for favors shown them. 
Never forget a service you have rendered. 
Shirk your duties if you can. 
Do as little as possible for others.

Seeing ourselves as the center of the universe leads to misery. We weren't made to be the focus of our own attention. According to Isaiah 57:15-21, we were made to give our hearts to "the High and Lofty One", who lives with those who have a contrite and humble spirit. He brings comfort and peace to those who sense their need of him.

Lord, help us to turn our thoughts away from ourselves and focus our attention on You, the only source of true and lasting peace. Self-centered brings misery, A proud ear brings much pain; But those with true humility A lasting peace will gain.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Discovery

Men Stuff

Valentines Day