Valentines Day

My wife knows I am not a Valentines sort of person, I rarely acknowledge the day but do remember to ensure she knows how much I love her.

In lieu of a card this year (I've been sick and traveling, but those are simply excuses) I am writing this post. You see my wife is the most important person in my life and has been for the past 35 years. She is beautiful, I see the woman I fell for oh those many years ago in her every day.

She is so very strong, the strongest woman I know. We have been through many ups and downs in our marriage most so very good that you think how blessed you are each day by God. A few that have dipped into uncharted territory for most couples.

She has given me beautiful, smart, and wonderful children, four of which have somehow grown up before our eyes. I really do not know where the time went. One of them who we only share in memories of the lowest point for each of our lives. He lives on in our hearts, and someday we will both see him again.

She makes me laugh, even when she is laughing at me for something stupid I have done (again). We both share a sense of humor bonded over time, what was once two people with vastly different views on life have become one. She sees things that I sometimes do not and when she points them out I often wonder how lucky I am to have her in my life.

She is loving, taking care of our children and me, caring for friends and family when needed. She is the best mother one could hope for. Kindness is always on display, compassion and sympathy shown over and over again. I can see a day when she will be the best grandmother a child could hope for. The one to always have time to play or bake or simply watch those lucky grandchildren. That thought alone makes me smile so big inside, sharing another generation of our family together.

She is everything I could ever ask for and more. She makes me want to be better, she makes me want to try harder, she does indeed complete me. I thank God everyday for putting her in my life way back in 1980 when we first worked together. I thank Him even more for giving me the courage to ask her out on that first day in November of 1981. I thank Him for knowing when to ask for her hand in marriage and for her saying yes.

My wife Kimberly is indeed my valentine and much much more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family

Discovery