Faith

Why is it that some folks have such a hard time believing in God? Is it because we often times try to reason through issues like "How can evil exist if God is good?" You wouldn't be the first to stumble on that question. Many struggle with the idea of evil, it can be a large obstacle to believing in God. But consider this, without a concept of ultimate good, how can we have any idea of what evil is?

I believe that the limit of my knowledge prevents me from being able to understand how God could allow the pain and suffering we see in the world each day. But I also believe that God is not limited, that he uses these situations to bring us closer to him, that he has allowed these things to happen for our own greater good.

We may not understand them now, but we will have the opportunity to understand them once we join the Lord. The Weaver by Grant Colfax Tuller My life is but a weaving between my Lord and me. I cannot choose the colors, He worketh steadily. Oft times He weaveth sorrow, and I in foolish pride, Forget He sees the upper and I the underside. Not till the looms are silent and the shuttles cease to fly, Will God unroll the canvas and explain the reason why. The dark threads are as needful in the Weaver's skillful hand As the threads of gold and silver in the pattern He has planned. 

A little knowledge is helpful, but a little faith goes much further. You have to try very hard to deny the existence of God, but very little effort is needed to believe in Him. The Bible says (Proverbs 8:17 among many) I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me. It does not say all will find Him. It says some, those that seek.

If our hearts are on discovering God, then we will. It has been said that God shows just enough of Himself so we can find Him if we are looking. Seems pretty simple after all. Seek Him out, He is there for us. Of course, you could blind yourself to the clues that are there, try to deny they exist, but then that would be a lot of hard work...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family

Discovery

Valentines Day